BANDAI NAMCO Studios Vancouver is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Software Engineer to join our team! Our mission is to develop top-tier social games aimed at the North American market. As the Software Engineer, you will work together with our talented team of developers to ship awesome games.
- Design, implement and maintain game systems built in Unity.
- Develop tools, features, and pipelines to be used in the development process.
- Take charge on improving our development processes and system architecture.
- Collaborate with project leads to establish engineering tasks and schedules.
- Collaborate with both internal and external dev teams.
- A degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3 years of relevant professional experience with at least 1 on a shipped mobile game.
- Good knowledge of programming in Unity/C#.
- Good knowledge of most areas of game development (Gameplay, AI, Networking, and etc.) with expertise in at least 1 area.
- Good knowledge of common algorithms, data structures, and software design patterns.
- Familiarity with Agile development processes and task management tools – JIRA, Redmine etc.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with a wide range of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Being a tech enthusiast.
- Experience with native development in iOS/Objective-C or Android/Java.
- Backend and networking knowledge.
Local candidates will be preferred. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.