BANDAI NAMCO Studios Vancouver is looking for a Server Engineer to develop scalable game backend system. The ideal candidate is experienced as a server/network programmer and knowledgeable about DevOps technologies such as virtualization, cloud services, automation techniques, and databases.
- Build scalable and reliable applications and game server backend.
- Configure, implement and maintain server api and server infrastructure.
- Design RESTful API and effective routing policies for game clients, and write technical documents.
- Write and execute unit testing, API testing and load testing for performance improvements.
- Troubleshoot and identify the bottleneck of the system and improve the performance.
- Collaborate with both internal and external dev teams.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of professional experience.
- Strong understanding of continuous integration, automated deployment, and build flow.
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development and Ticket Driven Development.
- Familiarity with MySQL and other NoSQL databases.
- Good knowledge of public cloud such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform.
- Basic networking configuration and troubleshooting.
Local candidates will be preferred. Due to the number of applications we receive, only selected candidates will be contacted.