BANDAI NAMCO Studios Vancouver is looking for a passionate Junior Gameplay Designer. The ideal candidate should possess a strong understanding of In-Game part mechanism for the F2P shooter game and game balancing.
In this role, your responsibilities will be to design specification documents with scalability in mind and work closely with other team members in order to make the gameplay experience exciting.
- Work closely with Leads to design core gameplay OR in-game experience.
- Develop, organize and maintain detailed design documentation and materials.
- Design levels, AI, game tuning, and balancing.
- Working with multi-disciplined teams including Producers, Designers, Engineers, and Artists
- Prepare and communicate regular updates, progress reports, and other materials for reviews
- Track, iterate, and tune game systems based on data collection and feedback
- Establish test processes and criteria
- 3+ years design experience
- Shipped at least 1 title
- Highly proficient working in Unity
- Proficient at creating game design and specification documents for in-game.
- Proficient in level design.
- Good understanding of the current mobile market and trends.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills in English.
- Team spirit to work together with loyalty, passion, and enthusiasm
Nice to have:
- Previous experience creating levels on a F2P shooter mobile title
- Actively plays mobile F2P action/shooter games
- Broad knowledge of worldwide military forces.
- Ability to script in C# or a visual scripting system (Node Canvas, Playmaker, etc.)
- Japanese communication skill is an asset but not required
Contract Duration: 6 Months (with a possibility of extension)
This is an on-site position. Local candidates will be preferred.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.