BANDAI NAMCO Studios Vancouver is looking for a Human Resource Manager to manage the Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the entire studio. Major responsibilities include recruiting and staffing, talent management, compliance, compensation, benefits administration, employee relations, employee safety, and welfare. They will also devise and lead Human Resources practices and objectives that provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
Hiring, Retention & Succession Planning
- Serve as a source of support for hiring managers, providing training and guidance. Directly manage a select number of our hiring processes.
- Set recruitment and hiring strategies, and work with internal teams and hiring managers to lead the recruitment efforts and ensure successful execution of our hiring process.
- Support employees facing personnel challenges with their manager, peers, or direct reports.
- Review and support managers through the consideration of employment terminations, performance improvement plans, and make recommendations to leadership.
- Recommend personnel policies and procedures for the organization to senior management. Conduct a continuing study of all personnel policies, programs, and practices to keep the organization abreast of current practices, and informed of new developments.
- Recommend employee engagement practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of staff engagement.
- Create systems to collect and review staff feedback and conduct internal reviews to ensure organizational learning and improvement.
- Work with staff and managers to help foster an environment that welcomes diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Ensure that BANDAI NAMCO Studios maintains compliance with federal, provincial, and local legal requirements by studying existing, new, and anticipating legislation, providing advice to executives, and leading/assisting the implementation of changes as required.
- Ensure the Employee Handbook is up to date, reflecting current practices, laws, and regulations.
- Manage our benefit program design and selection for all staff. Establish and maintain effective vendor relationships.
Performance Management & Compensation
- Recommend the development, implementation, and maintenance of our performance management system, including staff and manager training, and quality checks.
- Provide guidance to managers regarding personnel management issues, including performance management and training. Oversee and provide assistance with performance reviews, performance improvement plans, and job descriptions.
- In conjunction with the executives, establish wage, salary and bonus structure, and pay policies. Administer compensation programs and monitor fair pay practices in the local market.
- BA/BS in Business, Human Resources or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Must have 5+ years of experience working in Video Game industry. Proven analytical, creative thinking, and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership in a fast-paced, people-centric environment while being extremely adaptable and flexible.
- Must demonstrate a high level of integrity and maintain confidentiality.
Local candidates will be preferred. Due to the amount of applications we receive, only selected candidates will be contacted.