BANDAI NAMCO Studios Vancouver is looking for a Human Resource Director to guide and manage the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the entire studio. Major responsibilities include recruiting and staffing, talent management, compliance, compensation, payroll, benefits administration, employee relations, employee safety, and welfare. They will also devise and lead Human Resources practices and objectives that provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
Hiring, Retention & Succession Planning
- Establish, own and lead effective onboarding and off-boarding policies and practices. Ensures consistent implementation and follow through.
- Support employees facing personnel challenges with their manager, peers, or direct reports.
- Review and support managers through the consideration of employment terminations, performance improvement plans, and make recommendations to leadership.
- Serve as a source of support for hiring managers, providing training and guidance. Directly manage a select number of our hiring processes.
- Set recruitment and hiring strategies, and work with internal teams and hiring managers to lead the recruitment efforts and ensure successful execution of our hiring process.
- Formulate and recommend personnel policies, procedures, and objectives for the organization to senior management. Conduct a continuing study of all personnel policies, programs, and practices to keep the organization abreast of current practices, and informed of new developments.
- Determine and recommend employee engagement practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of staff engagement.
- Create systems to collect and review staff feedback and conduct internal reviews to ensure organizational learning and improvement.
- Work with staff and managers to help foster an environment that welcomes diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Compliance, Systems, & Administration
- Ensure that BANDAI NAMCO Studios maintains compliance with federal, provincial, and local legal requirements by studying existing, new, and anticipating legislation, providing advice to executives, and leading/assisting the implementation of changes as required.
- Ensure the Employee Handbook is up to date, reflecting current practices, laws, and regulations.
- Manage our benefit program design and selection for all staff. Establish and maintain effective vendor relationships.
- Work with Corporate Department for corporate development, legal, administrative, accounting/finance, and business support duties, as needed.
Performance Management & Compensation
- Lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of our performance management system, including staff and manager training, and quality checks.
- Provide guidance to managers regarding personnel management issues, including performance management and training. Oversee and provide assistance with performance reviews, performance improvement plans, and job descriptions.
- In conjunction with the executives, establish wage, salary and bonus structure, and pay policies. Administer compensation programs and monitor fair pay practices in the local market.
- BA/BS in Business, Human Resources or related field; or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of relevant business experience, including leading an in-house recruiting organization.
- Proven analytical, creative thinking, and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership in a fast-paced, people-centric environment while being extremely adaptable and flexible.
- Proven experience in consulting, presenting, and communicating with executives and other key stakeholders.
- Must demonstrate a high level of integrity and maintain confidentiality.
- Must have the experience working in Video Game industry.
Local candidates will be preferred. Due to the amount of applications we receive, only selected candidates will be contacted.