BANDAI NAMCO Studios Vancouver is looking for a passionate intermediate Game Designer with a solid understanding of casual mobile games. Our studio develops top-tier mobile games aimed at the North American market. We are looking for a Game Designer with a good understanding of core gameplay and out-game design. This individual will be tasked with feature development and system optimizing, with opportunities to engage in early prototyping and high-level design. Ideally, this individual will also have a basic understanding of retention and monetization components of a mobile game.
- Work with the lead designer to optimize progression systems and economies. You will also be required to design gameplay systems that maximize engagement, revenue, and retention.
- Communicate the strengths and weaknesses of a given design.
- Design game features that outline functionality, metadata structure, UX/UI components, and work towards improving the core loop.
- Track and analyze game data, using this data in combination with your experience to determine the best steps towards optimization.
- Design core gameplay that maximizes player engagement and satisfaction.
- Designed and shipped at least one mobile title.
- Good understanding of mobile games, the current market, and trends.
- Good understanding of monetization and retention design for the North American mobile market.
- Proficient in either gameplay or system design; bonus for having strong mathematical skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional listening skills.
- Strong logic and reasoning skills with the capacity to reassess your ideas when presented with new information.
*Local candidates will be preferred.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.