Bandai Namco Studios Vancouver is looking for an experienced 3D Generalist who can provide a new level of expertise in the social and mobile games field. Our mission is to develop top-tier social games aimed at the North American market.
Our ideal 3D generalist candidate will be, a self-motivated, passionate, creative individual and willing to make the appealing 3D models and VFX.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ability to execute a broad range of tasks including concept, modeling, texturing, animation, rendering look development, and VFX
- Model high/low poly assets and create UV Maps for complex hard and soft body objects including both character and environment/props by using Maya, Photoshop and Substance
- Experience in animating and understand the core concepts of animation
- Create real-time particle effects using both static and animated 2D/3D elements
- Ability to design and create reusable, scalable and economic FX assets that adhere to a reasonable footprint within our overall bundle size
- Organize and manage assets and tasks to meet deadline constraints
- Coordinate with outsourced artists to review and integrate assets, making fixes/improvements
- Excellent communication skills including tact and diplomacy
- 4+ years of professional experience
- Ability to create original texture sprites and sprite sheets to create particle effects
- Technical expertise and familiarity with game engines such as Unity 3D and their performance requirements, experience of optimising VFX to run effectively on target hardware
- Broad knowledge of game development processes focused on mobile platforms
- High degree of skill with rapid development of iteration of ideas
- Familiarity with Agile Development with Jira
- Proficient with Maya 3D, Adobe Photoshop, Unity engine, Substance painter
- Positive attitude and ability to provide and receive constructive feedback
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic and able to work as part of a team
- Curiosity for new technologies and technical processes
- Strong traditional drawing skills and Strong 2D and 3D portfolio required
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with a wide range of individuals from diverse backgrounds
- A passionate mobile game player, familiar with mainstream mobile games in the market
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
This is a permanent on-site position.